KPA Guide to Permitting

The Kansas Pork Association is working to provide information to producers on issues that affect their future profitability. Livestock operations must be in tune with an increased variety of regulations. Below are links to the state agencies that require permits.

Kansas Department of Health and Environment Livestock Waste Management Section
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) is the main state agency responsible for overseeing the livestock industry. Their website includes the contact information for the agency’s district offices as well as information needed to apply for a new permit or renew your existing permit. Kansas law also mandates that pork producers with operations over 1,000 animal units must file Nutrient Utilization Plans.

Kansas Department of Agriculture – Division of Animal Health

Livestock operations with over 1,000 head must apply for a Swine Feedlot Application from the Division of Animal Health. Their website also includes information on the regulations pertaining to movement of swine across state lines.

Kansas Department of Agriculture – Water Appropriation Program

Livestock producers using above a certain amount of water for stockwatering purposes must obtain a water permit from the Kansas Department of Agriculture. The Division of Water Resources has four field offices.

Print Forms

To print the forms, download the PDF files. PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Download the free viewer here.