Now more than ever, the pork industry needs strong voices to help build consumer trust by showing how American pig farmers are getting it right on their farms for the benefit of people, pigs and the planet.
You can help by nominating a pig farmer or applying yourself for the Pork Checkoff’s 2018 America’s Pig Farmer of the Year award at americaspigfarmer.com.
Now, in its fourth year, this program is designed to find a top-notch U.S. pig farmer who excels at raising pigs using the We Care ethical principles. This producer must also be able to confidently share his or her story of pig farming with the American public, while representing all pig farmers.
It’s easy to apply and serve as America’s Pig Farmer of the Year.
Applications are open through March 11, 2018 and include:
- An initial email application with just five (5) questions, plus your farm information.
- Submission of only three (3) farm photos with your application.
- A more in-depth application process if you are selected to move forward.
- Gets 24/7 support from the National Pork Board for all communications activities, travel logistics and expenses. (And, you don’t have to be a social media whiz.)
- Spends no more than 15 days total away from the farm from Oct. 2018 – Sept. 2019.
- Receives a $15,000 honorarium to help compensate for time away.
Click here for more from past America’s Pig Farmer of the Year award winners.
If you have questions or need help, please contact The National Pork Board at 800-711-0747.
Help Us Find An Exceptional Pig Farmer